Great-quality service is key to providing the best customer experience in the food business. In the process, you will handle many ingredients, utensils, plates, and tools in contact. Furthermore, it is important to be hands-on when handling your products. This is because it determines the quality of the meal you are cooking. However, there are possible roadblocks in the food preparation process. These are bacteria, dirt, and pathogens. Due to these factors, delivering them in good condition can be challenging once it is ready to serve.
However, there are industry practices that can help elevate your food service quality. Here are some practices that can improve the food-handling process!
Business Practices That Food Services Should Follow
Having a standard practice in your food business ensures efficient service. It starts from the food preparation up to the distribution. During the process, staff should use clean cutlery to keep the ingredients fresh. Remember, efficient service always complies with food safety standards.
One way to enforce food safety is to use a sanitary cutlery dispenser to provide clean utensils for customers.
Here are other practices that your business should follow.
- Proper handwashing – Handwashing is every food business’s most important practice. Before preparing food, all staff should wash their hands. It protects the hands from infection and contamination. Due to the nature of food preparation, the staff tends to make contact with many surfaces, exposing themselves to potential germs and bacteria. Even after food preparation or cooking, handwashing is still necessary.
- Avoid cross-contamination – Cross-contamination occurs when germs transfer from one surface to another. The kitchen is a potential source of contamination and would more likely occur when no cleaning occurs. One way to avoid cross-contamination is by separating used utensils from clean ones. The same applies to separating raw ingredients from cooked food. The surfaces of each item have different properties, making it possible to transfer bacteria.
- Teach food safety – Food safety is the technique of handling food in the overall process. Teaching your staff food safety practices minimizes the risk of contamination and infection. Furthermore, it encourages safe cooking techniques depending on the ingredients used.
- Set aside raw ingredients – Many raw ingredients in the kitchen have bacteria on the surface. If left unchecked, it can affect food quality even when cooked. Before cooking, check the raw ingredients first. There may be dirt or bacteria present in it that can cause food poisoning.
- Cook at ideal temperatures – During the cooking process, it is important to cook at ideal temperatures. If the temperature is too high, it can burn the food. Therefore, you should cook within manageable temperatures. For example, beef or pork is best cooked at 160°F or 71°C. For poultry, cook at 165°F or 74°C. For seafood, cook at 145°F or 63°C.
- Separate cooked food – After cooking, separating cooked food from the ingredients is important. It is a common cooking method to rest cooked food after lowering the temperature. However, cooked food is vulnerable to bacteria if it is not immediately consumed. Once you get the meal from the stove, you should consume it immediately or store it in a clean container. That way, it will not be contaminated.
- Sanitize after use – Once the food handling process is complete, sanitizing the surface is necessary. It ensures that germs and bacteria will lessen the spread. However, some sanitation products can have strong scents. Using these products during closing or slow times is best. When you sanitize, clean the utensils you use the most so you can use them again the next day.
Improve Food Services With Dispenser Solution
Implementing these food service practices ensures a quality and safe dining experience. Furthermore, it encourages sanitation, boosts sales and ensures a safe cooking environment. Ultimately, both businesses and consumers benefit from these practices.
Dispenser Solution is a leading cutlery company for food businesses. We comply with strict food safety standards to show proper food practices. Our safety regulations allow you to enjoy a safer, more convenient, amazing dining experience. Contact us today!